- The 12 square metre Sharpies met for the 2023 European championship in the last week of July at Vinkeveen Sailing …Read More »
- The Jubilee weekend provided the best available tides for the championships, unfortunately the wind and weather gods disagreed. Friday provided …Read More »
- Overy Staithe SC started their 2022 Open Meeting season with a weekend event held over 30 April and 1 May …Read More »
- This weekend Brancaster Staithe SC are hosting the British Sharpie Championships, 24-26th September. The club have rallied round post Covid, …Read More »
- Friday 24th to Sunday 26th September 2021 Brancaster Staithe SC Early morning starts (08:00, 08:30, 09:30). Championship supper Saturday evening. …Read More »
- Overy Staithe Sailing Club’s Sharpie Open was very much a family affair, with three of the four crews who turned …Read More »
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.