- Minutes of BSOA AGM held at BSSC on 16thJune 2018 Present: Martin Read, Chris Gibbs, Will Gibbs, Rob Wynne, Chris …Read More »
- Chuckles has last laugh in Sharpie end of season sail Chuckles (GBR 63), expertly handled by a new combination of …Read More »
- Several sailors itching for some European competition following the cancelled German event a month earlier made their way to join …Read More »
- 18 – 24 August 2019. Itchenor SC, UK. Sunday: Registration, measurement and free practice Monday – Friday: Racing Friday evening: …Read More »
- We were treated to champagne sailing at Brancaster Staithe SC for the Lester Southerland open meeting with hot sun, smooth …Read More »
- Message from Uwe regarding the European Championship 2018 in Germany: Cancellation of European Sharpie Championship 2018 Dear Sharpie sailors …Read More »
May 11, 2019 - May 12, 2019
May 18, 2019 - May 19, 2019
June 7, 2019 - June 9, 2019
August 18, 2019 - August 24, 2019
September 20, 2019 - September 22, 2019
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.