- Sadly, after a great deal of preparation from Brancaster Staithe SC, the one and only British sharpie open meeting for …Read More »
- Provisional dates for the 2021 National championship are: Friday 14th May Saturday 15th May Sunday 16th May The event will …Read More »
- We are delighted that Brancaster Staithe SC have agreed to run the Les Dye open meeting for us. Sadly this …Read More »
- Remember the good old days when we could go for a sail? That long thin pointy box in your garden …Read More »
- We have heard from the Portuguese Sharpie Association that the 202 European Championship will be held in Tavira from 26th …Read More »
- The European Sharpie Championship 2020 will be hosted by The Sharpie Club (Portugal), Costa Nova. Dates are confirmed as 26th …Read More »
May 14, 2021 - May 16, 2021
Welcome to the website of the British Sharpie Owners Association. The International 12 Square Metre Sharpie is a classic 2 man racing dinghy, first built and designed in 1931. The class association is a combination of current and past sharpie sailors who share a passion for this fabulous boat and are committed to preserving and racing the class. There is an active open meeting circuit with fleets in North Norfolk, the South coast and also at Grafham Water. There is also an annual regatta for the European Championship trophy which is organised and sailed in rotation between England, Holland, Germany and Portugal. Further afield there are fleets in Brazil and Australia.
Please take the time to look round our site. If you have any comments or information to share we would love to hear from you.